iPad Ipad air 2 or used mb pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Finn61, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Finn61 macrumors newbie

I have decided that it's time to upgrade from my outdated ipad 2 (which still works fine however), I want to stay on the Apple route, my ego system is very weird, I use iOS, Android and windows. But for my tablets/ laptops apple imo are the best, therefore I want either an air 2 or a second hand mb pro from around £400-500 which I will upgrade your it an ssd and ram in the future. Next year I will hopefully be going into sixth form and I will need a laptop, I need something fast and sleek. Which should I chose?

Thanks.

2. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

If you need or will need a laptop in the near future, get the Macbook.

Do you need a full OS X computer or a mobile iOS device?

3. markusbeutel macrumors regular

You should try out the i5 or i7 Surface Pro 3 - get the best of both worlds between tablet and laptop.

4. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Yeah, they are quite different devices with different capabilities. What will the major uses be? If it will be similar to what you did on your iPad 2 then another ipad would seem to make sense. It depends.

5. Finn61 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. I am fine with keeping my ipad and then getting a mb if you think that's a better idea? I don't like using the ipad for productivity at all, even typing word documents and saving them can be annoying and as I use a lot of Google drive the integration is horrible

Can you recommend a model/ year of mb pro?

6. mi7chy macrumors 601

mi7chy

Wait fir the Macbook Air Retina or get the Surface Pro 3.

7. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

MacBook Pro hands down

8. Finn61 thread starter macrumors newbie

9. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

2010 model is better but ut has some graphic card issues. You could be fine with 2011 model. What is wrong with MacBook Air? I bet an used MBA is dirty cheap! :apple:

10. Finn61 thread starter macrumors newbie

11. DaCurmudgen, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014

DaCurmudgen macrumors regular

Either get an MBP or wait for Retina Air.

I just re-read your question, and would say MacBook Pro. See whatever classic MacBook Pro you can pick up that doesn't have the SSD yet, and just upgrade to a 512 SSD or larger. Also max out the RAM. I have a 2012 cMBP i7 Quad Core with 16GB, and once I upgrade to an SSD, it will be a monster.

12. Serban Suspended

the retina macbook air is definitely will come. Phill already said that the implementation of retina will go on. So only macbook air and thunderbolt display will remain (since 4k 21.5" is under way)

So if you can hold on for an 1099$ retina macbook air, ok
    Or go for a MP maybe you find something since 2012 or 2013 (classic 13" MBP)