iPad iPad Air 2 or wait for 12"+ iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by VapoChimmy, Nov 24, 2014.

1. VapoChimmy macrumors newbie

Hey guys. I want to get a gift for my father.

He's pushing 80 and wears reading glasses most of the time he's on the computer.

I'm thinking being able to pinch to zoom will help him, and iOS is secure enough I won't have to worry about him getting a virus.

However, going from a 27" computer monitor to a 9.7" tablet screen sounds like it would be harder for him to see when I say it out loud.

The iPad Pro sounds like it would be a better choice, but is it really just around the corner; or is it closer to a year or more away?

Is there any proof that the iPad Pro is real?

2. jamesmith macrumors newbie

If I were you, I think I won't wait, I would get it first, if he find it not usable (too small), can always return it.

3. Kendo macrumors 68000

Bigger screen means heavier device. I think the Air 2 is the sweet spot in size and weight.

4. mattoligy macrumors 6502

mattoligy

I think coming from a 27" screen to an iPad is going to be very difficult and unpleasant for him... I would wait for the pro or you risk putting him off iPads all together.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I would like the Pro too but am not waiting and have two Air 2 units that will still be used even after the Pro is introduced.

Like others said, if it does not work out you can return it.