iPad iPad Air 2 owners- help requested.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tubamajuba, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

My iPad Air 2 has a curve along the long edges of the device- very similar to the bends occurring on the 6 and 6 Plus, but instead of a distinct angle, it's a gentle slope that follows the whole device- kind of like a very minor version of the LG G Flex.

My question is simple- is this normal? If not, I'll happily get it replaced at the Apple Store- not a big deal at all. I understand that stuff happens when you mass manufacture products. If it's normal, I can live with it.

Thanks in advance, and my apologies for adding to the post-launch hysteria around here.

2. SBruv macrumors 6502

Yep, mine has the same. And on the short edges too.

3. Donoban macrumors 6502a

Donoban

Pics?

4. Tubamajuba thread starter macrumors 68000

5. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

6. bobright macrumors 601

7. Donoban macrumors 6502a

Donoban

[​IMG]

----------

I just put mine on the same angle you took those photos on and I think I can see what you're talking about. A slight bow, its prob by design man. You seen those curved screens that samsung have come out with?

8. Tubamajuba thread starter macrumors 68000

First of all, love the picture! LOL

And yep, it's definitely a slight bowing, but it's more prominent one on side than the other. I was at Best Buy yesterday, and I figured I would check the lone iPad Air 2 display unit. One side had barely noticeable bowing (less than mine), the other side was completely straight. It wouldn't be a big deal to me at all if it were entirely symmetrical, but as it stands it's a bit strange. I'm going to go to the Apple Store next weekend and get it replaced. If I get another one like it I'll just stick with it, but I think it's worth a try.

9. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

This is all funny. Mine is flat, but if you look at it at certain angles, it might look like there's a bend to it, but it really doesn't. It's some kind of optical illusion.

10. ipadlvr macrumors regular

How is your #screendistortswhileholdinggate?

11. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Well in all fairness here, the door was in focus, lol. :D

12. Tubamajuba thread starter macrumors 68000

I thought that with mine at first too, but the device is noticeably arched when laying on its screen.

First of all, the "gate" stuff really doesn't apply to anything on these forums. Watergate was a government conspiracy, not a run of the mill controversy.

Second of all, I only experienced the distortion once when I was taking off my smart case. Ever since then, I take it off from the other side and I've never had issues. Even pressing on that spot doesn't cause distortion, so it seems like I'll have to place a lot of pressure on it before that happens again.

Yeah, my iPhone refused to focus on the iPad. Almost like it was keeping me from ratting it out...

But mainly, I'm just terrible at taking pictures.