iPad Air 2 price

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gaanee, Oct 7, 2015.

1. gaanee macrumors 6502a

Did Apple reduced price for iPad Air 2 this year? Is it still a good buy considering its year old?

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Here are the prices: http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/ (for the U.S. store)

Yes, the iPad Air 2 is still a great device. Now, though you can also choose the iPad Pro. Additionally, Apple introduced the iPad Mini 4 with updated/improved specs.

3. gaanee thread starter macrumors 6502a

I checked that.. how much was the price for Air 2 in 2014?

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

5. gaanee thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

There's no new model this year. The iPad Air 2 remains the latest iteration.

7. newellj macrumors 601

And the Air 2 is still current-level hardware. It makes more sense to think of it as 2015 hardware introduced in 2014. Nothing in iOS-land put any stress on the Air 2 last year and that's still true this year. For comparison, this year's Mini 4 (a great iPad) has a dual core A8 SoC compared to the three core A8X in the Air 2.

8. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I just bought an iPad Air 2 (refurb, 15% off) from Apple. It has a one-year warranty and Apple supplies the refurbed iPad with a new battery & shell. Basically, the only difference between a new one and a refurbed one is the box it comes in and the price.

9. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

If your in the states and you're checking your purchasing options, Target has a sale on the iPad Air 2 this week $100 off 16GB, $60 or so off of larger capacities.

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Glad we agree.

11. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Air 2 is the best tablet ever created in my opinion so yea its still worth it.

12. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

That makes sense when you put out a new model to replace it. The Air 2 is still at the top of the food chain of iPads. Even when the Pro comes out, it will still be the top for its form factor. It may be a year old but it's not like it's fallen behind in terms of capabilities.

13. gaanee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well... I was wondering if this is the pattern (2 year cycle) Apple will update iPads then in the absence of incentives it would make sense to buy it in the first year so that way you can get the most out of it. There was also news that Apple will likely delay upgrading iPads considering that people don't upgrade iPads as often as iPhone.
    I know Air 2 is still well capable.

14. magbarn macrumors 68000

If you're willing to forgo the cellular radio, many authorized Apple resellers have been offering the Air 2 at substantial discount. Staples was selling theirs for $150 off recently. The black friday deals should be awesome as it's a '1 year old device' at this point. I know there's many here who dispute this, but Air 2 runs iOS 9 even better than the 'new' Mini 4...

15. newellj macrumors 601

Are people really disputing that? I guess anything possible, especially here at MR? ;)

16. magbarn macrumors 68000

Yes, there was even a poster here claiming a Mini 2 'felt the same' as his Air 2, which is ludicrous...

17. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Well, "feeling" the same is rather subjective, and depends on what you're doing on the device. I know many people who wouldn't know if they were using an Air or an Air 2, or which one is supposed to be faster unless someone told them.

18. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

Not as good a buy as it was last year.

You have to think that at full price, you could have gotten this iPad one year ago. To me, that is not a good buy. $399 or less is.

19. ivnmetal macrumors member

Check on Craigslist and see if you can find a new or sealed iPad Air 2 for cheap. I was able to pick up a 16GB model (sealed) for $280 about two weeks ago

20. triple-tap macrumors 6502

I agree. I just picked up a cellular model 16gb in space gray for $325 on craigslist. It even came with the receipt. Just make sure the iCloud lock is turned off before you hand over any cash... and always ask to see a receipt (even it it is a few months old).

21. Liquinn Suspended

16GB is too small these days. Does the 16, 62 or the 128GB model decrease in value the most?

22. triple-tap macrumors 6502

I hear that a lot. I agree that, for your phone, it is probably true.

However, a 16gb tablet has served me well for the last few years. It is all about use. I do mostly streaming and online research through one app or another. I also have most of my docs stashed away in iCloud and dropbox, so there is no need for tons of storage directly on the device. YMMV.

Blanket statements like yours scare people away from perfectly good 16gb models (especially when linked with cellular).

23. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Disregard the naysayers, <3 my air2

<3 the price I got it at too, $200 off with Staples PM and 10% cartwheel at target