iPad Air 2 : proper Smart Cover companion?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by h00ligan, Sep 22, 2015.

1. h00ligan macrumors 68030

I'm looking for a hard shell rear for the iPad Air 2. I bought the kayscase from Amazon to work with my Smart Cover but I'm not filled with the iciness and the sag in the middle around the charging port. For the air I had here different covers like that but on Amazon I can't seem to find anything fitting the bill. I see one clear snap shield for $7 but for so,e reason they don't protect the top or bottom, I want so,etching that on,y has a cutout for the Smart Cover.

I'm looking for something that's ~$10
    Works with Smart Cover
    Mostly scratch protection with a bit of structural integrity for a drawer with other stuff.
    Light and thin
    Probably pc rather than tpu

I appreciate any guidance here for those who bought a cover for the rear of the iPad to work with the Smart Cover. Normally I'd get a skin but for this device that won't work for me.

I wonder if Apple will offer the two part case for the air eventually, if they sell out of smart cases, but then I think that would be very similar to the Kay's case.

Strangely the ,sat gem of Kay's case was harder, and the box wave option isn't around - which was tpu but the perfect death and super light.

2. h00ligan thread starter macrumors 68030

Appreciate it but that's way too expensive.

I just can't find any value at all in paying $59
    For a tpu or polycarbonate shell

Unless maybe I looked at the wrong pricing. I'm really looking for s moulded thin plastic shell that should be around $10-15. Max.

I'll double check some of the Asian supplier sites oh was.