iPad Air 2 question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jacenskylo, Jun 7, 2017.

1. jacenskylo macrumors newbie

So I previously owned an Air 2 but traded it in for the Pro 9.7 inch so I like what it was capable of. Anyway I work in child protective services and my work iPad recently broke down and due to budgeting they can't provide me with a new one. So I was thinking of getting myself a cheap refurbished Air 2 as a replacement to take into the field and I was also hearing rumors that the IOS11 beta was working quite well on the Air2's. So I wanted to get some recommendations as to if it's a good idea and what not and also to keep in mind that my budget is very limited. Thank you

2. gobikerider macrumors 68000

gobikerider

Yes at the very least get a iPad Air 2

3. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Yes, that would be a good solution. Another option to consider is buying a used 9.7 iPad Pro. In about a week, the used market will be flooded with them and you might be able to score a deal that is comparative to a refurbished Air 2.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The Air 2 is still very functional and plenty powerful. I would look into Apple refurbished store online, they have available models and it comes with an attached warranty.

5. jacenskylo thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't consider that. Thank you sir!

6. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Another option is the 2017 iPad (starts at $329 for 32GB). Display is not as nice as the Air 2 and it's around 30g heavier but it's got a faster processor and amazing battery life.

7. jacenskylo thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd like to thank everyone for their support and recommendations. It helped me quite a bit. Ultimately, I decided to go with portability so I'm gonna go with the Mini 4. It might be a little dated but it's still a great device and according to what I'm reading on these forums it seems to be handling the iOS 11 beta very well.