iPad Air 2 Rearranging My Events When Synced From Mac

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by peglegjack, Oct 24, 2014.

1. peglegjack, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014

peglegjack macrumors 6502

peglegjack

So I have an iMac running Yosemite and a brand new iPad Air 2. When I went to sync my photos from iPhoto on the Mac, they synced but the Events are completely rearranged! As in, the way I have my events are by month, so for example June 2013, July 2013, etc. But as of now they're all over the place! I also have an iPhone 4S and this problem never occurred.

Is there anything specific to syncing photos to the iPad that I should know about? The only other thing is that my iPad is running iOS 8.1 (obviously) yet my iPhone is still on 7.1.2.

Thanks

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Could be the difference between how photos are treated in iOS 8 versus how they were treated in iOS 7. Apple made some big changes with that, and people are still trying to sort out what is what. I haven't followed the issue, but check out the iOS 8 forum and see if you can find some threads on it.

3. peglegjack thread starter macrumors 6502

peglegjack

Yeah I suppose it could possibly be an iOS 8 thing. I'll check out the iOS 8 board, and if I can't find anything while it continues to bother me, then I always have 90 days of telephone support from Apple.

One thing I did discover today is that in iOS 8 when you delete your Camera Roll, it also deletes those pictures from My Photo Stream. Which to me is awesome since those get automatically imported into iPhoto on my iMac. In iOS 7 you had to delete them twice.

4. peglegjack thread starter macrumors 6502

peglegjack