Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Hey,

apple is sending me a new iPad Air 2 tomorrow because i had some display issues. they told me to send the current one back but i forgot to ask if i am supposed to include the cable and the charger. unfortunately the hotline is already closed for today so i cannot ask and TNT is picking up the package between 8 am and noon tmrw already.

thanks!

KapitanIksrog

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
No. Keep your cables. I've never done an iPad exchange but plenty iPhone exchanges and the phone comes in a small box with no accessories. Keep your cables and your original box. Send only the iPad back.

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
change of plans :D randomly decided 16GB isnt enough and i am just gonna send both back and buy a 64gb one once i get the money back

Last edited:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
No. Keep your cables. I've never done an iPad exchange but plenty iPhone exchanges and the phone comes in a small box with no accessories. Keep your cables and your original box. Send only the iPad back.

You really do just get free cables. I've replaced a few phones under applcare+ and they just take the old phone and give you a refurb with a charger and everything.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
I got a replacement for my air 2 (screen distortion thing) and forgot to send back the cable/charger. They sent a NIB Air 2 but never mentioned the missing stuff....i don't think they care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.