iPad Air 2 resolution?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by massprince, Nov 17, 2014.

1. massprince macrumors newbie

comparing ipad Air vs Air2, its quite clear that air 2 is less brighter and crisp at least the way i see it. is this in fact true? , is it my ipad air 2? or its just my eyes?

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

I own an Air 1 and the screen is nice. Those who have bought the Air 2 say the screen looks even better with more 'color pop' because of the way the new display panel was designed. There's no gap between the glass and display panel.

3. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

There could be some screen to screen variation from one device to another. Maybe the Air 2 you viewed was less than optimal? Overall, I'd say the Air 2 has a slightly better overall screen than the Air 1.

4. crjackson2134 macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

I've got several iPad models and the Air 2 has the best look to me. Very bright, and better color. The Auto-Brightness control does dim the display more than the others when used. I set mine manually though. It just seems to work more efficiently towards battery saving when in low light rooms.

I'd have to say it's the best iPad I've owned, and I've had them all except the Air 1.