iPad iPad Air 2 restarts when opening app

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yoseph6375, Nov 14, 2014.

1. yoseph6375 macrumors newbie

I purchased iPad Air 2 on 10/24 from best buy and been loving it so far. It was working flawlessly and much faster and never had any problem until today.
    As the battery for iPad is enormous that I usually do not charge until it comes down to like 10% or lower. And It was 20% today and I was trying to open up this one application and it did not open. It looked like it will open but it gives me this black screen for 1 second and did not open it. So I thought it could be the issue with the specific app that I have been using for a long time. I turned it off and shut off every apps that were opened and tried it again, and guess what happened next. It rebooted by itself!! It gave me this Apple logo in the white screen and just rebooted every time I try to open up apps. I tried the other app like photos which is just a basic app and it rebooted as soon as I opened it up.
    I am frustrated right now. I am hoping that the issue was because of the low battery which still doesn't make sense. I will try it out for tomorrow see if it does the same thing or not. 14 days return from best buy is over so if this keep happening, then should I go to apple store to get the replacement? and are they going to give me the refurbished one or the new one? I really wanted to keep this one as the new one and I do not want to receive the refurbished one....
    I have seen some people having freezing issue and I also have experience that three times I guess.
    I will post tomorrow for an update. Hopefully something will change tomorrow.

2. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Do a restore. See if that fixes it.

3. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

4. yoseph6375 thread starter macrumors newbie

Done it already. doesn't work.
    Called apple and they will send me the replacement.
    They said it will come brand new but I don't know if that is true or not.
    Is there a way to check whether it is refurbished or new one?

----------

Any application.
    Even for setting, photos. It reboots when I try to open them up

5. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

The Serial number will designate whether it is refurb or not... I forget what the difference is off hand, something like an R instead of a M at the front or the back of the Serial Number. Google, I'm sure you'll find it.