iPad iPad Air 2 Screen Issues?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LinkRS, Nov 3, 2014.

1. LinkRS macrumors newbie

LinkRS

Howdy Folks,

I purchased a new iPad Air 2 (upgraded from iPad 4) on the 24th of September, and am impressed by the design, and particularly the weight. The vibration during sound playback doesn't phase me in the slightest, and I have not witnessed the screen ripple caused by the iPad "bending" when being held by an edge. I typically do not go looking for issues, until I read about them here in the forum, as I am paranoid. Once I see the defect it causes me anxiety until I can either forget about it (happens occasionally with a product I don't use everyday), discover I am just paranoid, and it is NOT a defect, or replace it. Unless you too are OCD, you probably won't understand such compulsions, but it is a fact of life for me... However, with that out of the way, after reading about screen issues here on the iPad Air 2, I took a closer look at mine, and noticed what could be a slight darkening on the left-hand side, with the worst in the upper-left corner. If I rotate the iPad, the darkening seems to disappear, and if I turn it upside down, it is gone, except there seems to be a slightly blue hue in the corner (of what is normally the upper left-hand corner). There is a good chance that this is just simply a gradient effect in Safari (which is what I notice it in mostly), but as previously mentioned, it is causing me anxiety, hence this post. Do any of you see this apparent darkening on the screen, is it just a gradient, or should I be thinking about exchanging it before my window expires? Thanks!

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I don't think people understand what the term OCD really means.