iPad Air 2 - Screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Exoid, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Exoid macrumors newbie

Hey! I just bought an Ipad air 2 and I was thinking about putting a Screen protector on it..
    What do you think? Is it worthy? I didnt want to stop having the smothness of the glass and also didnt want to have more glare (those 2 things are the things I valuate the most in a screen after quality ofc), since it was something they improved on the air 2.
    Opinions please and if you think I should put a Screen protector, which one?

Thanks,
    Exoid

2. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Not worth it at all, just put it in a case. The laminated screen is gorgeous and any screen protector will just take away from it and the responsiveness

3. Exoid thread starter macrumors newbie

I also think that, but maybe people think its better, because the ipad get scratches easly and was expecting something that could offer protection, but still give the same feel as touching the ipad air 2 screen itself..

4. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

The screen itself doesn't scratch easily unless you really try to scratch it

5. Exoid thread starter macrumors newbie

Isn't there any screen protector that can reproduce the feeling of the ipad screen while just protecting from the scratches, maintaining the screen quality and anti glare effect? What's the best one containing this features?
    Thanks!

6. Archer1440 Suspended

Archer1440

On previous model iPads you would be hard pressed to do better than the crystal screen protector sheets from Power Support.

However, the Air2 screen is on a whole different level in terms of the antireflective coating-this is a game changer.

Until and unless the protector makers can match this coating with their products ANY protector will be a SIGNIFICANT degradation over the bare screen.

The screen is so good that the only justification I can think of for adding a protector would be for use in environments that would greatly increase the chance of screen damage- on a factory floor, or at a beach.

7. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I agree. My Air and even my iPad 2 screen still looks brand new just with gentle, daily wiping with a micro fiber cloth and a little of your own breath. Warm water helps too.

Screen protectors take away from the tactile feel, reduce the image quality and will cause your blood pressure to rise trying to install them properly. Screw that.

Leave it naked! :D