iPad iPad air 2 screen response

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Scotth48, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Scotth48 macrumors member

I am very happy with my air I must say,screen looks great performance is very good but I noticed that sometimes if you tap a link it will not respond to the Tap you have to tap a few times or scroll up or down then tap to get it to work?
    I noticed this with my air 1 after the 8.0 update.this is very random and doesn't happen much but when it does it's annoying. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. matthewadams macrumors regular

Came across this in Safari a couple of times.. Pinch to Zoom actually helped because somehow it responded to clicking the link after (no matter how big the link was in first place).
    I'm very sure this is a software issue.

3. Scotth48 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I noticed it on my air 1 and just a bit ago it happend on my air 2. I don't think a return will fix it I hope it don't get worse and start happening all the time.

4. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

It's a bug with iOS8 along with the many others.

5. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

6. slate0 macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem very frequently with a day old iPad air 2. Many times my touch-drags are registered as taps or not registered at all. I did not have this problem with my air 1. This concerns me, if this is a known bug can someone point me to documentation of it?
    Thank you,
    Ben

7. Mivo macrumors regular

Mivo

I'm not having this problem with my Air 2 and 8.1.3, so I guess it was fixed at some point? (But I also don't use Safari, just Chrome.)

8. Altis macrumors 68020

Sounds like lag/sluggish response, which is certainly existing in iOS 8.

All I can suggest is to do a full restore of the OS from iTunes as that may help performance. If it's bad and repeatable, try taking it to an Apple store.

9. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

iOS 8 has few internal changes making touch to respond differently. iOS 8 is also a CPU hog so there is sluggishness in registering few touches.

10. slate0 macrumors newbie

It's not "slight tweaks to iOS 8 programming"

This is way beyond that.

I found the solution: the Air 2 does not like my 3rd party charger. When I take it off of the charger, or put it on the OEM charger, it works fine.