iPad Air 2 shell cases?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by bobright, Jun 22, 2015.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I gave up on trying to find a decent one when the Air 2 first launched. I'm wondering if theres anything out there now that just released?

I see shells but they have the smart case cutout. I want full coverage preferably something that isn't too bulky.

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I've been looking too, but I'm not turning up much without the cutout. The Luvvitt Clarity on Amazon is I think the only one I've personally seen so far that isn't designed to work with a smart cover. It only comes in clear, it's TPU, and reading reviews, there's some mixed opinions on it.

Hopefully someone else chimes in with some terrific back-only case they've found.

3. DashSatan macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure the Luvvitt Clarity is the one I used to have. It's really not that good. It's extremely loose fitting, especially the lip at the charging port.

Right now I'm just rocking the Green Apple Smart Cover and a Zagg protector on the back. Keeps it super thin and protects from scratches.

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I'm leaning towards doing just a rear skin myself. I like using a Smart Cover for the stand aspect sometimes. Right now, I use a Kayscase shell, but when you add the Smart Cover, the weight of both together becomes annoying.

Does the Zagg protector provide a bit more grip? For me personally, the only reason to have anything on there at all is because the aluminum is so blasted slippery.

5. h00ligan, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015

h00ligan macrumors 68030

I literally just came here to ask the same question and your thread was at the top. only one available on Amazon with mixed reviews.

I just want a very light thin rear she'll that covers the whole thing

Box wave had a really inexpensive one Flr the original sir that while not rigid was lighter than the smart case cover made by Kayscase

I'd go with a skin but for the fact I very occasionally use a full case for the stand function and travel.

In home I much prefer the tempered glass protector and a thin rear case.

I checked mono price - nothing there...

I'm going to check fast tech - shipping would take ten days but they're cheap

Fast tech does have some for $5.50 plaid multiple colors available

https://m.fasttech.com/products/0/10012910/2174801-protective-tpu-plaid-back-case-for-ipad-air-2

If you don't know them, yes they're fine to order from, I've done so many times. Shipping takes 10-14 days and returns have to be approved and sent back to Florida, where you upload a copy of the receipt and get reimbursed. It's not exactly simple to return stuff but most of the items I've received are as represented.

I ordered a black one. I'll post back.

They also have a knockoff of the really expensive air vent holder. I've forgotten the name. I own the original and bought s replica of that too. The original is $30 replica $4

6. DashSatan macrumors 6502

Yeah it actually provides really great grip. Think of how a wet install Zagg screen protector feels on the front of your phone or tablet, it's the same feeling. A little rubbery. It's also a little thicker.

7. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

It looks like it could be flimsy near the charging/speaker port but hope it works out, not much options for sure. Let me know how it goes.

8. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Well after ordering and waiting fasttech says production isn't available on that device. I didn't bother asking if there are other colors as the other colors don't look very good to me.

Back to the search!

I think we should petition the totalee people to make an iPad case.

Edit forget that. I can't believe they are charging $20 for a milk jug skin for iPad. I own one but I didn't pay anywhere near that much for it. The iPad she'll would likely be $40 which is ridiculous.

9. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

get incase book jacket.... incase company is well known for protection and quality case.

10. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Not looking for a book style case just a shell, and there's still not much out there

11. dhc921 macrumors newbie

Just got the power support air jacket for the iPad Air 2 and it is quite nice to hold. Not too bulky and the material is premium.

12. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Is it this one? http://www.powersupportintl.com/air-jacket-clear-for-ipad-air-2-solo/

Can we get some pictures it's pretty pricey but if it's what I want I don't mind. Are there cutouts on the volume buttons? If not are they easily pressed? Is it a hard plastic hopefully not susceptible to cracking?

13. yansun macrumors regular

I searched for a hard shell case too some time ago and found nothing I was really satisfied with. Someone recommended the Power Support case to me too then, but since it's really hard to get in my area I decided to buy a Moshi Versacover 2 in the end. It's a hard shell cover with attached front cover. Very pricey too, but I'm really happy with it so far.

14. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Yea I'm still on the hunt anybody else find something like a TPU shell?