iPad iPad Air 2 - solid screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jcborden, Oct 24, 2014.

1. jcborden macrumors member

I remember when the iPad Air came out and there were loads of complaints about the 'plastic' feeling screen that sounded a bit hollow and had visible flex when pressing on it.

I've not seen this mentioned so far, but I'm glad to say that the iPad Air 2 returns to the original feel of a much more solid glass screen - no plastic feel at all, no bounce. Lovely.

---------------
    iosreview.net

2. WilliamG macrumors G3

Yep, agreed. It feels much more solid than the "plastic" feeling iPad Air 1st gen.

3. cababah macrumors 68000

Good to hear it feels solid now that they eliminated the air gap but it also appears people are having the display distort from extremely light pressure to the chassis near the location of the A8X chip.

Making something so thin definitely has its trade offs.

4. FranksWildYears macrumors regular

It still takes much more pressure than is applied in normal use. I had it happen once, and that was because I was adjusting my grip when picking it up and would've dropped it otherwise. Replicating that requires more pressure than I would be comfortable putting on the first Air for the sake of the glass itself.

5. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

That's why I didn't bother with the Air. Air 2 though, me likey.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

No doubt the Air 2 has a solid feel compared to my Air. Colors seem more vibrant and sharp. Everything is smoother, faster and more responsive. I did not think I would notice the difference between the Air and Air 2 but it is easy to tell the difference.