iPad iPad Air 2 stand wanted

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jjk454ss, Nov 23, 2014.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I have a stand I've been using for years with the old ipad and iPad mini, but the iPad Air 2 is now thin enough that it doesn't stand up very well, it is too easily knocked over. I like the stand, but don't remember who made it. What's my best option for a stand I can use in landscape or portrait. I prefer it to stand pretty straight too, not laid way back.

This is the one I have:

[​IMG]

2. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Looks like a nice stand, but definitely not the angle I'm looking for. Thanks. I ordered a BookArc yesterday, I'll see how that works, but I'm still open to other ideas.

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I recommend this:
    Arkon Travel iPad and Android Tablet Stand for Apple iPad Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Galaxy Tab Nexus 7 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CKVOOY/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_OyqDub1887AHB

4. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks. I don't need portability, and too many if these type are not sturdy enough. Thus one is nice a sturdy? Even in portrait?

5. Uofmtiger macrumors 68000

Uofmtiger

I have it for a couple of years and I have never had a problem with it.

6. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks, may get one to keep in my bag.

7. Pat too macrumors member

8. Clix Pix, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014

Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Amazon. Gibson 3-wire stand. 3A. Works a treat! Inexpensive and very useful at home or when away from home.

[​IMG]

9. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I really like these, I almost wish I didn't order the BookArc. But one of these will be my backup for sure.

Is that the Fold & Go? Looks decent and certainly affordable.

10. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    It is called the Gibson 3A 3-wire holder.....available on Amazon and probably other places as well. I think the craft store, Michael's, sells something similar, too.

I've been using these since the very first iPad and I have them all around the house so that no matter where I want to use my iPad or plop it down, there's a stand available. I fold a stand up or two up (easy to do) when traveling and therefore can use the stand in hotel rooms or wherever, especially when I need to charge up my iPad. These things are very reasonably priced and more than do the job -- no need for some overpriced "specially made for iPad" kind of gizmo. :)

11. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I think I'll order one of these. I got the BookArc and it's very unsteady.

12. sgwilliams macrumors newbie

13. tayluftwaffel macrumors member

I have this stand from anker, but there's another one from TechMatte that's just like it that comes with a little baggie. They seem to be essentially the same product, so... Either one!

14. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Those look decent, but does the bottom grip the ipad at all so you can type on it upright? Even in portrait mode?

I ordered a stand from Twelve South today, only because I ordered a Travel Journal during the Cyber Monday deal. Doesn't look like the greatest stand, but looks like it fits nicely in the Travel Joirnal for a good portable stand when I need it.

15. Mikes2pads macrumors regular

These air models are so light I wouldn't think of having mine out of the box without Griffins Survivor case on them. I have one on an ipad3 and ipad air1. The ip3 is in flawless condition. So nice I can't bring myself to sell its to gazelle.
    Dropped it literally 100 times.
    They have great stands built right into them. Not flimsy either.
    Nothing cheap about the survivor case.

16. Mr.C macrumors 601

That's you. I've owned every iPad exept the iPad 4 and I have never once dropped any of them. Rather then using one of these rugged tough cases which not only add bulk and weight but are ugly I rather go minimalist with a clear polycarbonate back she'll to preven scratches and a Smart Cover.