iPad iPad Air 2 Thumbs Up

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ReallyNiceGuy, Oct 23, 2014.

1. ReallyNiceGuy, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014

ReallyNiceGuy macrumors member

ReallyNiceGuy

Picked up my iPad Air 2 in Canada at an Apple Store in Vancouver. First impressions, I love it. Feels great, looks great and performs great.

As somebody who upgraded from a clunky old iPad 2 this is one hell of a refresh.

Some people have complained about the screen and sound vibrations. Unless I am not getting similar problems, I am not bothered by the screen or vibrations.

Yes there is a vibration from sound but it doesn't bother me in the least. I can only feel it if I'm holding the device and I rarely would be doing that when Listening to something.

As far as the screen goes. It looks great to me. No need to do bleed tests or whatever. I'm very happy with the graphics.

Safari tabs don't refresh and it runs like a rocket.

Couldn't be more pleased. :)

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Glad you're happy. It's refreshing to read something positive on this forum!

3. dsa420 macrumors 6502

I feel the same, noticeably lighter and blazing fast. A+ all around

4. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

I'm buying one for the gf.

A lot of people were complaining there was nothing "new" or "groundbreaking." Well screw that. I'm glad Apple did an incremental upgrade that makes the iPad a bit thinner, a bit lighter, better screen, better antireflection. Makes a good device even better.

There is a lot to be said for iterations that improve an already-good product, a la Snow Leopard. We really, really need a snow-leopardization of iOS 8, and down the line, Yosemite.

Anyway, looking forward to getting the new iPad Air 2.