iPad Air 2 - Untresponsive screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dino F, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

The other night, when I plugged in my iPad Air 2 to charge, I thought I would still use it to surf the webs + a few other things however, all of a sudden, the screen became really unresponsive?! I could swipe on the screen (to pull down the webpage I was browsing however, the screen just refused to register all my taps?! :eek:

It was like it was only responding to 1 in 4 taps, every time I touched the screen...!?!? I even tried typing out a sentence within the Notes app but again, it just wouldn't register most of my taps on the screen. I thought something weird was going on with my device (I've only had it a few weeks - bought directly from Apple).

When it finished charging and I took it off (was charging from the official Apple cable and Apple iPad Air 2 charger), it seemed to go back to normal?!

Anyone heard of this before?!

2. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I experienced something similar with my 5s docked in a speaker, while trying to use the touch screen, it would not register more than 1/2 the inputs, once I put my hand behind it, it worked fine.

I bet that if you picked it up while it was charging it would have been fine.

3. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68020

Dino F

....I was already holding my iPad Air 2!!! I was trying to use it whilst it had the cable charger plugged in, but it was still unresponsive whilst it was charging!

4. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Okay, cause when my 5s was docked on the speaker it was unresponsive, as soon as I put my hand on the back it was responsive again.

When I charge my air 2 next time I'll see how it responds

5. Dino F, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015

Dino F thread starter macrumors 68020

Dino F

Unfortunately, this issue appeared yet again last night:(

I had my Air 2 on the charger (I plugged it in when it was 20%) and towards the end of the charging cycle (when it had almost reached 100% but was still charging), the screen started being unresponsive again. Every other tap or so, the screen would just not respond?! I wonder if it has anything to do with it being plugged in?!

Think I'm gonna have to speak to Apple Support and take it to a store for the Genius guys to look at as my Air 2 isn't even a month old!

EDIT, Actually, come to think of it, although I am using an official Apple cable, the cable itrself is plugged into one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Charging-Desktop-Station-SmartIC-Technology/dp/B00L2SBZ80

....which in turn, then plugs into an official Apple iPad charger, underneath the desk. Could this be the problem? I also plug in an iPad 2 & an iPhone 6 into this multi charger but can't say 100% if I have seen this problem on these devices.....

Might try the iPad Air 2, directly into the Apple charger to see if it makes a difference - if not, then I guess its a call to Apple Support.

6. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68020

Dino F

UPDATE: So, last night, I plugged my Air 2 directly into the Apple iPad Air 2 charger and cable and weirdly, I did not experience the unresponsive screen issues I experienced before?! :confused:

Why would it make a difference whether or not I use the official charger to charge my iPad? The multi charger doesn't effect my other devices (iPhone 6, iPad 2 + several iPods) - why would it only effect my iPad Air 2?!