iPad Air 2 visible digitizer

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ZEEN0j, Jun 21, 2015.

1. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

Hello everyone. I just bought a iPad Air 2 and I can see the checkered lines from the digitizer on the entire screen. Only noticeable in reflections from a light or outside. I have never seen this on any idevice before and comparing with an iPad Air and mini 2 in the same lightning conditions the lines are only visible on the air 2.

Has Apple made a change in the screen or is it faulty? Thanks

2. sparksd macrumors 6502a

I have a new Air 2 and I can't see that no matter what angle or lighting I try, screen on or off.

3. tonyshaker macrumors member

No it's not a fault all the iPad Air 2 have it to prove my point go to the nearest Apple Store and check the displayed iPads

4. ZEEN0j thread starter macrumors 6502a

Two different answers. I guess I can check an Apple Store. It doesn't bother me that much since I only use my iPad at home. And if all air 2 are the same then my mind can rest. If it was my iPhone I would already been knocking on their door.

5. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

I can see it at certain angles and brightness.

6. tonyshaker macrumors member

Cool let us know what you did regarding your issue :)

7. dyn macrumors 68030

Then you are not looking close enough. It's on every device that uses a touchscreen. Some might be a bit more noticeable than others due to the coating on the display or simply because of the lighting conditions. It's nothing to worry about, especially if you don't mind it.

8. ZEEN0j thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh I definitely would mind it if I would notice it in everyday use. But I've never seen this on any touchscreen device before. And comparing in the same light with an air and a mini I see absolutely nothing on those two. But very clearly on air 2. But I only see it in a light I very rarely use my iPad in. If I would see this indoors and all air 2s where the same if go back to air 1. I'm surprised when you're saying this is "normal". I'm usually very sensitive to bad screens.

9. dyn macrumors 68030

The digitizer consists of very fine lines (these lines detect your finger(s)) which are clearly visible in certain angles. Also, if you look really close you can even see the pixels. That's why it is normal :)

Btw, not every touchscreen uses this method, some might take use of infrared or plain cameras (they detect contrast differences).