iPad Air 2 vs iPhone 6s Plus

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Downs2011, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Downs2011 macrumors regular

So I've been using my iphone 6 plus for a year now and it definitely replaces a lot of the uses that make an ipad worth the purchase. I just want to hear a few opinions of whether or not an Air 2 could still complement the new iPhone 6s plus. My 64gb 6s plus will arrive on the 25th but I'm still uncertain of how the A9 compares to the A8X chip. I do like the split screen and the larger display of the Air 2 but is that really worth the additional cost?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

That's entirely up to you. I have both, and I have never confused one with the other. They each have very specific uses for me. A phone is still a phone, albeit a bigger one, and a tablet is a tablet.

3. darknyt macrumors 6502a

Have both (Air 2/6+ now, 6s+ preorder) and love both.

They each have their own uses to me, and I still use them each enough to be glad I have both.

That said, I do commute a good 1.5 hrs a day on a train nicely suited for iPad use and full LTE signal the whole route.

4. Ctguy macrumors member

I have both, I feel 6+ is still too small for long use. Too big for a phone to small for tablet, resulting mediocre experience.
    I'm getting 6s to replace my 6+

5. iceman42 macrumors regular

i would pick a iPad air 2 over the iPhone anyday. you get more for your money with a iPad.

6. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

The air 2 is great and I would recommend it. I'm just trying to decide if I want to keep mine or get a pro.

7. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

I have both and 6s Plus on order. I'm going to get a Mini 4 though and give my Air 2 to my wife. I find the Air just a tad big to be portable.

8. iNinja08, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015

iNinja08 macrumors regular

iNinja08

I have a similar question. I'll be switching over to the 6sPlus from a Note3. This will be my first iPhone. I currently have an iPad 4 which I have used heavily until I purchased a Win10 UltraBook (LenovoYoga2Po). I'm thinking I can replace my IPad4 with the s6Plus.

I use the iPad mainly for just causal internet browsing while traveling, an occasional game, and not so much as an ereader. I also use it heavily for ebay - taking pictures, and posting with the ebay app.

For those who own both an iPad and 6Plus what type of things/functions would you be missing most if the 6Plus was to replace your ipad?

9. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Well I will be rolling with 6S plus and air 2 and think it's a perfect combo. Plus for on the go and air 2 for at home and on the go when I need to take it. Air 2 isn't too big for general use at home either.