iPad iPad Air 2 weird sound problems

Discussion in 'iPad' started by frangulyan, Jan 11, 2015.

1. frangulyan macrumors newbie

I am experiencing weird sound problems on my new iPad Air 2. Mostly happens on reboot or after a shutdown because of battery drain. I have recorded a video of the problems, hopefully someone can help or at least say if he/she also have this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2K1FIVJb9s

Thinking on contacting the support to change the device, seems to be a hardware issue, if software then exchange might not help...The iOS version is 8.1.2 (latest by the time of writing).

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Battery drain? Explain.

When did this start happening, had you just made any changes just before it happened? Any new apps?

Might be time for a full wipe and restore to determine if this is hardware or software. I am betting software.:apple:

3. frangulyan thread starter macrumors newbie

It happened on the first or second day I got it, so nothing special was done. I have contacted the support and they also told me to restore as new iPad, use it for couple of days and if everything is fine then restore backup. But then it started again.

By "battery drain shutdown" I meant you are watching a movie with 1% battery and then it shuts down.

I am also thinking it is a software issue, I know how to reproduce now.

Sometimes reboot doesn't fix - then, strangely, changing the language is fixing it. Seems like it includes some kind of reset/restart of some services.