iPad Air 2 won't close apps with pinch action

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ap-addict, Oct 28, 2014.

1. ap-addict macrumors newbie

Am I simply being ignorant or will the iPad air 2 not return you to your home page with the easy, and awesome 4 finger pinch action? My iPad 4th generation would always return me to my home page with this easy action, without having to use the home button. I can't return to my home page from email or Safari without using the home button. What am I doing wrong? I am not a "tech genius" but have always been able to return to my home page on my iPad 4 with the pinch action. Is there a problem with my new iPad air 2?

2. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

Have you checked you have this enabled under settings? It's multi-touch gestures. Also, it is a 5 finger gesture, not 4.
    If you still have the issue then there is a known bug with iOS 8 on the iPad. Try swiping in the notification or control center, then swiping them away and see if the 5 finger close gesture is now working.
    If it does, this is your work around for the time being but please also submit this as a bug to Apple. The more people that do so, the more focus Apple will give to fixing it.

3. ap-addict thread starter macrumors newbie

Appreciate your help! Your suggestions helped, however, it is still not consistently responding right. I may be reporting my problem if it continues.

----------

I do love my Apples though!

4. PR. macrumors member

PR.

I think this is an iOS 8 bug. When I updated my iPad 3 and Mini they both started having issues with the multitasking gestures only working intermittently. When I picked up my Air 2 at the weekend I've seen the same issue.

Hopefully Apple will sort it out in an update!

5. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

My Air 2 does that once every 36 hours or so. Restarting makes it work again...

6. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

It's an iOS 8.1 problem. I've seen it here and there on my Air. Turning gestures off and then back on again just always seems to correct it. Pretty sure it's a known bug that wil be addressed in the next OS update.

7. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

Agree it's a software issue. Turning it off, then on again in Settings always fixes it for me. 8.1