iPad iPad air 2 won't send text messages

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mrochester, Nov 1, 2014.

1. mrochester macrumors 65816

Hi all

My iPad Air 2 is on the same wifi network as my iPhone and logged in to the same iCloud account. My iPhone has signal. However, my iPad won't allow me to send normal text messages. It was working last night. Ive tried restarting the iPad and forgetting and reconnecting to the wifi network.

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks

M

Fixed. Message forwarding was somehow turned off on my phone.

2. jayiw macrumors regular

I just noticed I am having the same problem. What's odd is that it shows sent in both ipad and iphone, but the recipient does not get the text.

3. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

When I am at work, I use a PC laptop most of the day. Is there a way to text on the pc's keyboard, and send through my iPhone? I used to be able to do that when I had android, but as far as I can see, I no longer can do so...

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Unfortunately, you need to be running OS X (Yosemite) or iOS 8.x to be able to do this. You can't do it on a Windows PC (as of yet).

This isn't to say it'll never happen. Maybe next year they'll let Windows users do it through some iCloud interface. But in general, all of these interoperability features roll out to Apple devices first, and then after some time, a bone is thrown to PC users now and then.