Ipad air 2 worth buying it?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yazounet, Nov 11, 2014.

1. yazounet macrumors member

Hello everyone.
    7 months ago I bought myself an ipad mini 2 with 32 gb and cellular. And couldnt have been happier with my device. It is easy to carry. Easy to browse whereever I am. And I own an iphone 5s 32gb.
    BUT!
    As I am doing my Phd right now. I have lots of readings and taking notes. I am usually the kind of guy who loses papers, little notes taken in the class.. So I started taking notes on my ipad mini but it is a little bit small for taking notes.
    AND!
    As it is black friday very very soon. Bestbuy is offering 100$ off on all ipad air 2's. Do you guys think it's worth buying a 16gb wifi AIR2. For 399$.
    I am still considering cellular. But yet it will be another 130$ to spend and meh I wanna save it for applewatch. But any help would be great.

Ps (about storage: no games, no video downloading just some ebooks to read inbetween classes, and taking notes)
    Ps2 another websites offers 100$ off on ipad air 1 so it is practically 299$.

Thank you!

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

It usually make sense to get the latest and greatest that you can afford. There are some things to consider though regarding the Air 2. Make sure the chassis and screen vibrations that some people are reporting don't bother you. The extremely thin chassis is the main reason why this happens. The Air 1 doesn't do this. You'll get the effect when playing a game or listening to music with the tablets speakers. If you always use headphones then this probably won't apply to you.

That's my two cents.

3. nexus4life macrumors regular

1. Are you 1000000000% sure you won't need more than 16GB later on? You have 32GB right now, which is a solid amount for most people, but 16GB is rarely enough anymore.

2. Go with iPad Air 1 if you are really looking to save the most money and don't care about the best performance etc.

3. There's almost always a return policy if you try and don't like something.

4. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Think about how much space you'll need over the time you plan to keep the device. 16GB is very little. I guess as long as you can live with data in the cloud only...

I upgraded from an Air 1 to 2. Mind you I was not at all planning to upgrade the 1 yet because it was only a year old and still in mint condition, but once the 2 was in my hands I could not resist. My decision was not influenced by the stellar reviews as I had not read any yet.

If you're also considering the 1, I recommend trying both first. Both are great devices, the 2 is just so well polished in every aspect** & having Touch ID is really convenient. I thought Touch ID would be a bit of a novelty but it's really nice to eliminate a minor annoyance repeated so frequently ...& the occasional awkwardness keeping your code private. When tapping the 1, it has a hollow feel whereas the lighter, thinner 2 feels solid.

**IMO the vibration thing is overblown: I feel it when cranking up the volume but just thought 'relatively strong sound from a super thin chassis'.