All iPads iPad Air 2019 backlight bleeding

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rylior, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Rylior macrumors newbie

I got my first ipad replaced becouse of uneven backlight and white dot in corner month ago, and now i noticed the new one has backlight bleeding. Is it really that bad? Should i give it again for warranty repair? It has uneven backlight too but not that much as my first one.

Attached Files:

2. BoneHead001 macrumors 6502

I could write a book on iPad backlight bleed. I had many terrible 1st gen iPad Pro units with horrible backlight bleed. In my opinion, this 3rd gen iPad Pro 12-inch is way better of a quality build than the 1st gen by far. I went through multiple returns with the 1st gen and finally settled on a dog turd unit instead of a horse turd unit. My current 3rd gen unit is a gem.

3. Hazmat401 macrumors regular

Hazmat401

Get your moneys worth..... if the device is flawed? get it replaced

4. AutomaticApple macrumors 65816

AutomaticApple

Or repaired.

5. Torty macrumors newbie

Is it really that bad in real life usage? it’s lcd so it will be never perfect. You can try to exchange but you won’t know how good or bad the next device will be. I was lucky with my Air 3 but I did not test it in that way you did.

6. Rylior thread starter macrumors newbie

It isnt that bad, but its annoying me while watching movies at night, you know once you see it you cant unsee it, especially becouse my first one didnt have that. Can you do a photo with your screen at night with max brightness? I just want to compare

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I’ve had that occur more than once. Sometimes Apple said within spec, other times replaced without question. If you’ve noticed though, get to an Apple Store and politely but firmly ask for some help.

8. Rylior thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunatelly theres no apple store in my country, only aasp, and im worried they wont replace it

9. Rylior thread starter macrumors newbie

46135C66-8A91-490B-943A-E9FA184C3002.jpeg E83891F2-7FF2-4401-9918-8CFBF0BD37AA.jpeg Now i made photos with better camera phone and it looks even worse. I think i wont hesitate now and just go ahead for replacement

Attached Files:

10. Torty macrumors newbie

If you are not happy definitely go for a replacement. If you are able to go directly to an Apple Store I would check directly the replacement because like I stated above it's LCD and its a bit of lottery to get a better device.
    It's really time to get OLED on iPads.