iPad Air 3 Availability

Discussion in 'iPad' started by max2, Feb 11, 2016.

1. max2 macrumors 68000

If the iPad Air 3 will be released March 15th when will it be available to buy ?

2. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Could be same day, could be the following Friday after the event, could be a week later, could be a month later. They done all those above scenarios for releases. Won't know until the event.

3. max2 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks.

4. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

Just note that 'same day' will be only for online order, the physical store will get it the next day the earliest.

5. bensisko macrumors 65816

Yep. As I found out with the iPad Mini 4 - "Available Now" didn't mean I could walk into the Apple Store and buy one after work that day. It meant that I could order one online and it would ship in two weeks. I was really kind of ticked at that one. >=(

6. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

The Mini 4 were available in stores the Friday after the event. You're right in that the available same day as the event was online orders only. But you could actually get them sooner in stores just a few days after, long before that two week quote on shipping.

7. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

iPad mini 4 was a 'special' case. It was actually 'available' immediately after the event, but because of it comes with iOS 9.2 (or 9.1?, can't remember exactly), and that version of iOS was not to be release until the next Wednesday. So Apple held it off, and actually released the mini 4 on the same day as iOS 9.1 (again, or 9.2?)
    --- Post Merged, Feb 11, 2016 ---
    Technically the fastest way to get it is online order, assuming it was available immediately after event.
    Because you can choose fedex overnight priority (or whatever name it's called), the devices will deliver before 10am next day, which is when the most store opens.

8. Mr.C macrumors 601