Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jamesd123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
Swindon
Hi

I got a replacement iPad Air 3 in December 2020.

My original iPad Air 3 had this issues - iPad Air (3rd generation) Program for Blank Screen Issue - Apple Support

I took it to my local apple store and they kindly replaced it.

I noticed maybe in February 2021 that I started to get a purple screen issues, it had become more and more frequent and it happens once a week. I use the iPad Air as a media device so mainly radio, TV, YouTube and a bit of web browsing so nothing too taxing to be honest.

I am running iOS 14.4.

So I will go to open an app, or be browsing my Home Screen or anything really and it will freeze, so I will stop pressing and wait for the iPad, then maybe after 5/10 seconds of it freezing the screen will turn purple and the iPad will reset itself and work perfectly fine once I put my passcode in.

There is no single app it will do this on, it seems to be at any time, all apps are updated as well.

Any suggestions? Or does it sound like an internal failure?

I believe the apple stores in Uk will be opening soon, so am I best to go back to my local apple store, seeing as its only 4 months old.

Thanks

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
So I will go to open an app, or be browsing my Home Screen or anything really and it will freeze, so I will stop pressing and wait for the iPad, then maybe after 5/10 seconds of it freezing the screen will turn purple and the iPad will reset itself and work perfectly fine once I put my passcode in.
That sounds a lot like a respring. That used to happen on my older iPad Pro.

Reactions: Jamesd123
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.