iPad Ipad Air 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Matheew944, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Matheew944 macrumors regular

So... what ur expectations about the Ipad Air 3 ? what features do u think it will have?

2. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65816

hamiltonDSi

20% thinner. 0.8 pounds.
    This is all that matters. /s

Leaving the jokes aside, my money is on a new 4K Retina Display.
    The A9X could power it.

3. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Preferably one that doesn't vibrate at even moderate volume. The Air 2's excessive vibration was a deal breaker for me, so I decided to stick with the original Air. Apple chose thinness over user experience. Thinness for the sake of thinness is just silly.

4. Matheew944 thread starter macrumors regular

I am still using na Ipad 4 ,I was planning to upgrade to Ipad Air 2 , but, I will wait a little more and get the Ipad Air 3,

5. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

For some of the apps I use, I really like the vibration of the chassis, i.e. games. However, I think with all the complaints, they were certainly fix that in the next gen. It may be quieter, but they will address that.

6. ssls6 macrumors 6502a

ssls6

If it doesn't support safari extensions (like ublock) and have a larger screen, I'm getting off the iPad wagon.

7. Danilo - Italy macrumors regular

I'm in the same situation.

8. Matheew944, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015

Matheew944 thread starter macrumors regular

was in doubt.but I already decided., will stick with my 4 , and will get the Ipad Air 3.Want A9X Chip on it, and an high resolution screen like my 6 Plus

9. mrmember macrumors member

I'm hoping that Apple will acknowledge the 'touch' issues with the iPad Air 2 and get us a fix, not just fix it with a new iPad Air 3. I loved my iPad 2 for a very long time, but this new iPad Air 2 gives me fits! Apple really needs to address these issues before inventing new stuff to sell.

10. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I 100% agree. If the next gen still vibrates, I will lose faith in Apple. Thinnovation is a one trick pony that is causing issues.

11. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Ipad Air 3

4k would have to mean it go to a 16:9 aspect ratio and meh I like the 4:3 on tablets imo. Plus that would require a bigger battery and make the iPad bigger which I think Apple won't do .

----------

High res screen ? The iPad retina display is already a sub 2k screen .... A sub 4k screen will just be a bad thing considering Apple desire to keep it slim . Requires a bigger battery and thus make it thicker . Idk why people think the retina display is bad as it is now and want a "HD retina display" ...it's sub QHD or sub 2k display is fantastic already

Plus we don't need sub 4k displays ....I think QHD is overkill for mobile displays

12. addictzz macrumors 6502

I just hope everything that ipad air 2 minus the vibration and the distorted screen. Keep the thinness and weight I don't care as long as there is no vibration or distortion.

13. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

Right now the only thing hardware wise I want to see from my next iPad is depth sensitivity by touch and weight decrease.

The software side is much much longer...

----------

I agree if anything they should shrink the battery with the power gains they make with the A9x hardware.

The iPad is still fairly heavy to comfortably hold.

14. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

I'd Like to see the screen improve to Quad HD but of course to do that and maintain battery life may be an issue with Apple's obsession with making things thinner and lighter.

15. iPadDad macrumors 6502

iPadDad

It is just past the middle of February, you are going to be waiting a long time for the Air 3, the Air 2 is the most increadible iPad i have bought but thats just my experience.

16. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I know it will not happen, but an OLED screen would be awesome.

17. RebornProphet Suspended

I'm looking forward most of all to the posts from the usual suspects who despite their comments about iPad Air 2 and how it's the "next longevity model" will suddenly rush out and upgrade anyway, telling us all that the "iPad Air 3 is what the iPad Air 2 should have been." :rolleyes:

18. Rodster macrumors 68040

That's the next logical step. Once you've used an OLED device is tough to look at an LCD screen no matter how nice it looks. Samsung leads the way with Super AMOLED screens.

19. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Agreed. Perfect blacks are so undervalued. I understand a phone using a LED screen b.c of the size, but on a device that tons of people use for media consumption OLED is the way to go.

20. Rodster macrumors 68040

I have the original Sony PS Vita which has an S-AMOLED screen. The updated model uses an LCD screen. All the reviews say pretty much say the same thing. The LCD screen looks nice but is nowhere near as nice as the S-AMOLED screen.

I'm waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S-2 tablet which supposedly will have a 4:3 screen and metal case.

21. JoeRito macrumors 6502

JoeRito

Agreed, id give back a little weight/ heft to have better speakers and performance.

22. Matheew944, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015

Matheew944 thread starter macrumors regular

So, Ipad Air 3 -A9X chip and Retina HD screen.?.It would be nice

23. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Faster SoC and maybe a slight redesign.

I hope there are some redesigns to fixe the hardware issues with the Air 2. I also hope they improve the screen tech to make it a Retina HD display with better contrast.

----------

What you say a 4K Retina Display is? Double the current resolution? I don't see them using a new resolution that is hard for developers to scale.

24. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I don't see a 4k display happening any time soon. There is not that large of a market for 4k, and apple always adopts new technology last. The iMac are different b.c those appeal to the crowd that actually benefits from a higher resolution.

25. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Only change for sure is it will be thinner which will sacrifice quality to do so.

:(