All iPads iPad Air 32GB wi-fi or 64GB iPad 4 with cellular?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cinnabun93, Jun 13, 2014.

1. cinnabun93 macrumors newbie

cinnabun93

I am torn which to get. I could get the iPad Air 32GB wi-fi refurbished or the 64Gb iPad 4 with cellular for roughly the same price. I won't use the cellular a ton and I don't use a ton of storage space but the deal seems too good to pass up for the 4. Some advice would be great.

2. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

iPad 4 with 64GB for sure. I can store more movies there. I have a 32GB iPad Air I can only store 3 or 4 movies (1.2GB file each).
    Anyway it depends on what you want to do with iPad? just basic stuff like checking email, Facebook, tweets, and browsing websites then iPad Air is good. :apple:

3. ron7624 macrumors 68020

ron7624

I have 32 gb devices. That's plenty for me, bit I don't do movies. The cellular capability, on the other hand is invaluable. Even if you get the free 200 mb t-mo sim' it is something you can fall back in in times of need.. Storms, sick family member in a hospital...., so the 64gb with cellular to me would be the only choice.. I place a lot of value on being connected.
    That being said, if you have a Mobil hot spot, then the Air, hands down.

4. redmamoth macrumors member

Don't forget the cellular model also has GPS, so you have to consider if accurate geo-location tracking is important to you.

5. Robster3 macrumors 68000

iPad Air, ipad 4's get hot and are heavy. We had both. You answered your own question you don't use cellular much and do't need much storage. No brainer.

6. cinnabun93 thread starter macrumors newbie

cinnabun93

I went with the iPad Air. Hadn't looked on the forum in a few days. I just figured it was the right way to go. I wanted 64 bit processing.

7. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Good choice. The 4 is a decent tablet but the Air is quite a bit better, IMO. I do think the cellular data is a nice thing to have though but you'll be fine.