Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Hi everyone, I love the new iPad Air 4 and want to get a green one as soon as it becomes available however just curious when the pre orders should go live, I know they said it will be available October but does anyone have any idea when in October we should be able to Pre Order, maybe 1st October? Thanks guys

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Hi everyone, I love the new iPad Air 4 and want to get a green one as soon as it becomes available however just curious when the pre orders should go live, I know they said it will be available October but does anyone have any idea when in October we should be able to Pre Order, maybe 1st October? Thanks guys
Im doubtful that it'll be on exactly October 1st. We will just have to wait and see.

Reactions: ThatiPhoneKid

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
My money would be on late October launch.

It is perfectly normal for Apple to announce a product on a Tuesday and have it go on sale Friday and ship two Fridays after (see iPhone 6s launch).

That model would bring us to October 2nd availability.

But they've decided not to put a date on it, which indicates to me that they are aiming for a date that is outside their comfort zone for applying a precise date to, and in addition are playing it safe with the current supply chain volatility.

So, mid October order and late October availability is my guess.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Unfortunately no one knows any more than what was said, which is "October". The theory above about late October seems reasonable, but I wonder if they really want it to be so close to when the iPhones are likely to come out. It's really strange to me that they provided no date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.