Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac2019

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2016

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
I had an esr on mine today and had a lot of touch issues with it. Use it on my 12 pro max fine but would barley scroll withnit on this ipad

Reactions: Mac2019

Mac2019

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2016
I had an esr on mine today and had a lot of touch issues with it. Use it on my 12 pro max fine but would barley scroll withnit on this ipad
I’m finding similar issues with my Sparin one. Have to touch harder for a response. Frustrating as it’s one of the only ones without the unnecessary notch cut out.

Have you replaced it?

Reactions: Gandek

Gandek

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2017
Bought this one and it seems good but I do think there is a lot more reflection with it on. Didn’t really notice it before and don’t really want to look at myself!

SPARIN 3 Pack Screen Protector Compatible with iPad Air 4 2020, Tempered Glass for iPad Air 4th Generation 10.9 Inch, Apple Pencil Support https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08JB5QRRC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BfGaGb05MT5XE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone else noticed this?
I had this one and still have one left, but i won’t be putting it on. Don’t recommend.

1. Like you said it picks up reflections. I often work In sunlit/half sunlit areas and I noticed it right away.

2. The actual screen responsiveness seemed a tad bit off making any typing annoying and swiping around the UI felt less responsive. I noticed the same thing on a amFilm tempered glass protector I had on my Pro 10.5. Never noticed touch response issues using tempered glass on my phones though.

3. The oleophobic coating is non-existent on this. One advantage I was at least hoping for since modern Apple pencil supported iPads use this weird coating that smudges really easily... it was just as bad as not having a protector on.

Anyone have any recommendations for a different protector that solves these issues? Has to solve #2 but the rest I can live with. I don’t drop my iPad or get it scratched much in the first place but having something would bring peace of mind. Can be matte or plastic too, idc. Will be using a pencil with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.