Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JDP94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2020
Liverpool, England
Is this normal? ?

Recently bought the iPad Air 4 - LOVE IT! It’s perfect for what I need it for!
Just one problem - pixels appear to distort / bleed when even just slight pressure is applied. Not forcing the screen, just slightly more pressure than just ’brushing‘ with my finger. Genius Bar Appointment was the goto but that wont happen for at least another month now.

4244E245-D2BB-441A-828E-0D31F6CA7448.jpeg

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Is this normal? ?

Just one problem - pixels appear to distort / bleed when even just slight pressure is applied. Not forcing the screen, just slightly more pressure than just ’brushing‘ with my finger. Genius Bar Appointment was the goto but that wont happen for at least another month now.

View attachment 1660698
It’s a similar situation to the MacBooks. The LCD panel is so ridiculously thin that the rippling effect happens when you apply a lot of pressure.

Reactions: JDP94

obsidianspider

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2020
I just noted this on my iPad Air 4 as well. It's disconcerting, but hopefully it's actually "normal" and won't cause long term damage to the display panel. I took a short video showing the issue. Note the top dot in the colon between 9 and 4. For what it's worth, I'm just "touching" the display, not pressing hard on it. I mainly note it about 3cm down from the camera and also in the bottom left corner, about 2cm up and 1cm in from the left bezel.

Reactions: JDP94

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Is this normal? ?

Then stop pressing it, haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.