iPad Air a little sluggish with iOS animations

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by OmarSultan, Nov 10, 2013.

1. OmarSultan macrumors newbie

I just got my iPad air and i get the feeling that the iOS animations (Mainly when opening a recent app from the multitask menu) or when using the five finer gesture to get back to the home page is a bit sluggish, while it's not slow or anything it just doesn't feel as smooth as the 5S.

Anyone else noticed this?

PS: I haven't had the chance to compare this with another iPad Air or iPad 4

2. thegreati macrumors regular

Are you running a large amount of apps in the background? (Double Tap Home Button)

Just a thought..

3. johnmacward macrumors regular

johnmacward

Hi Omar, this seems to be an issue with iOS 7.0.X and I hear there will be dramatic performance improvements in 7.1 which hopefully will be soon enough.

4. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Yes, it is not a problem with the Air. It is IOS issue and 7.1 should smooth it out for you. Beta 3 was released this week and best guesses are that a public release is coming soon.

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

7.1 beta 3 really improves things over 7.0.4. I am looking forward to the public launch! I do have an Apple Developer account so I have seen the changes since Apple first launched 7.0 beta 1.

6. Septillion macrumors member

Septillion

It sure is the problem of iOS. Don't worry, iOS 7.1's got a great improvment. Even on iPad 3 it's smoother, thus it could be lightning fast on iPad Air.

7. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Ditto and agreed. It's not super slick all the time. It'll get sorted.

8. inyah macrumors newbie

LOL there is always something cooler and faster to get just after you make a purchase. Doh! I guess that's the nature of the beast.

9. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

At least it isn't like they came out with a brand new iPad right after he bought his Air. Apple is taking their time on this beta and it is reflected throughout beta 4 with the overall experience.