iPad iPad Air Accessories

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by christurbo, Nov 2, 2013.

1. christurbo, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013

christurbo macrumors regular

I was holding out for a Retina iPad Mini, however after playing with the Air I had to get it.

Ive just ordered an iPad Air to be picked up tomorrow from John Lewis.

I want to keep the slim factor of the Air so do not want a front and back cover case type of protection.

I want to be able to slip it into a pouch but just have a 'smart front cover' so that I can use it as a stand when in meetings.

Are there any cheap solutions alternative to the official Apple cover, or alternatively a decent slim leather front cover?

I do not want a 'case'.

Thanks guys.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you check out the iPad Accessories forum? There appears to be several threads about iPad Air covers.

3. nanotoj macrumors regular

nanotoj

I did get the official Apple case and can't say that I like it very much. It looks good, but doesn't seem too solid when placed in its limited positions for angled viewing. For $80, it should be more stable. The cover has the same folds, so if you are ok with how it holds up the device, at least it can be taken off easily and is half the cost.

I will try Best Buy later today to see if there is anything 3rd party in stock. There are quite a few Amazon listings, but nothing looks especially appealing to me.

4. christurbo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks - didn't realise there was a forum dedicated to this!