iPad iPad Air and Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by cfs, Nov 17, 2013.

1. cfs macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

So I always use a case with my ipads. I usually use something slim that covers front and back. However, regardless of how slim the case was, it did add extra weight. For example, my iPad 3 and my original felt noticeably lighter without the case.

I went into best buy and held the iPad Air. So light and easy to hold in one hand. However, I am wondering if a case added to it will change that.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Cfs

2. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Why did this get moved? I'm not asking which case. I'm asking about weight with any case.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

It still belongs in the accessories section.

4. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

To answer the question....if you put a case on your iPad it will indeed add weight to it. Impossible not to.

5. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not really an answer to the question.

----------

How so? I'm asking if a case would make it tough to hold in one hand because if the added weight? Not what case I should get. There are others that ask similar questions, such as the thread iPad and Comfort that have not been moved.

6. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Any case will add some weight. I've found that cases with the plastic back are more weighty than the type that is leather or pleather. I.e. I liked my Yoobao leather case for my iPad 3 mainly due to the lightness of it. Right now I have the Poetic Slimline and although it has the plastic back, it is still pretty light and at least in my opinion doesn't take away from the lightness of the Air.

7. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks.

8. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I have the Kavaj leather case on preorder and the weight is very light. However the YouTube reviews show a leather case that actually looks sloppier on the iPad mini. So while I'm hoping it will be my perfect lightweight case (similar to my previous Yoobao), I guess I should know before Thanksgiving wheni I expect to receive it. I'll definitely provide a quick review for Macrumors.

9. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

If you want no weight case get a full body protector. All cases add some weight to a device.

10. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

I had the Kavaj case for my mini for over a year now.... It's very nice and top quality.
    I'm sure you will love it.

----------

That's what I just did for my Air:)

11. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

We'll as I sit here watching 60 Minutes my spouse has an iPad4 without case. I have an Air with Apple Smartcase. Feels about the same weight.

12. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Which one? I want one but I like to put a case on.

13. BigHonkingDeal, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013

BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal