Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aquaporin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
USA
I ended up selling my first gen iPad mini because it stopped running normally after several iOS upgrades. Safari would crash, there was lots of input lag, etc.

Now, it's happening with my first gen iPad Air on iOS 10.

I wish Apple would let us run earlier versions of iOS on our devices. I emailed Tim Cook, and his senior staff responded with "we currently do not have plans to offer iOS downgrades".

Why would I buy a new Apple iPad if it too will become crap in an iOS update or two?

I am just frustrated, and hopefully someone one else out there can commiserate with me.

Reactions: iPadCary

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
It might depend a bit on what you actually do with a computing device that determines if the processing power is sufficient. My wife also has the original mini and uses it every day. She probably has a focus on messages and simple games, but the device works well. Maybe it's worth setting up you iPad fresh to make sure you don't experience some software bug or something.

Aquaporin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
USA
It might depend a bit on what you actually do with a computing device that determines if the processing power is sufficient. My wife also has the original mini and uses it every day. She probably has a focus on messages and simple games, but the device works well. Maybe it's worth setting up you iPad fresh to make sure you don't experience some software bug or something.
I have DFU restored both iPads. The mini was a lost cause. The Air works fine if you're not actively typing on it (e.g. watching video or reading a book)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.