iPad mini iPad Air and Mini Retine Safari Query

Discussion in 'iPad' started by leebroath, Jan 21, 2014.

1. leebroath macrumors 6502

leebroath

Ok folks I'm absolutely and totally fed up with my iPad Air Safari pages crashing and reloading!! :mad:

Can anyone that has an iPad Mini Retina please tell me if your safari pages reload everytime you press back into them from another tab?

and also on the Mini Retina does your safari pages crash all more often than not?

I'm actually thinking of replacing my iPad Air..could be a stupid move just before 7.1 is released I know but I still have time to think :p

2. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

same issue on the mini

3. leebroath thread starter macrumors 6502

leebroath

4. superduperdom macrumors member

I agree, safari crashing and tabs reloading on my ipad air is the worst!
    The whole system crashed yesterday and took me back to the original start up screen.
    Uncompleted posts on forums get easily wiped when moving to another tab. Does anyone have an answer for this, apart from copying each time? I keep google chrome open and flick between the two browsers.
    But really, THE main app in ios7 behaving like this is unacceptable.
    Is it to do with apple's stingy ram?

5. pocketpenguin macrumors regular

There are several other posts on this issue...
    I sympathize, same frustrations here. One thing I've done is to hit the preview post button before tabbing away. Not perfect, but sometimes helps. I also do the copy before switching thing too.
    Most opinions around here are that this is a problem with the 64bit software and the air/Rimini hardware. The issue is apparently better on 32bit machines: ipad 4and below. Though I saw the issue on my ipad 3 because I'm a tab opening freak. ;)

Note that other browsers are a little better, but still suffer similar issues as they use the same underlying WebKit libraries as safari.

Others also say that this issue is better, but not completely resolved in the 7.1 betas. I haven't tested, so not speaking from personal experience.

My personal opinion is that 2gig or more of ram would help, fixing the software would help obviously as well. I wouldn't count on 2gig until maybe the ipad 6 or worse the ipad 7.

Welcome to the club. :(

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I would replace the Air with the mini only if you want the smaller form factor and not how it works with Safari.

7. ALMF macrumors regular

I have a retina mini and rarely do I see page reloads and have not had crashes. Could be that I dont use many tabs.