iPad iPad Air AND retina Mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Joe-M, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Joe-M macrumors member

I have an iPad Air that I use for email, surfing and an occasional game or two. Would it be redundant (read silly) to get a retina Mini also? Except for portability, I can't see anything that the Mini would do that the Air doesn't. I know it sounds like I'm trying to talk myself out of getting the Mini, and maybe I am. Thoughts??

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

Ive had the same thoughts before i got the mini, now that i have it it is awesome. Get it.

3. Robster3 macrumors 68000

I have a Air for travel, and am thinking of getting a Mini 16gb wifi for just books and Sonos controller when at home. I had a Mini 1 but didn't like the non retina.
    Everyone says the mini is more portable, i find the Air is better for travel for me, especially for maps, pdf's, email, my website, photos, newspaper, movies and need Cellular.

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

If you think you're talking yourself into buying an rMini is because you probably are. Other than portability the Air is the one to keep because it's slimmer and lighter and supposedly the screen is better on the Air.

I purchased an rMini and I found myself using my iPad 2 more because I prefer the larger screen.

5. Joe-M thread starter macrumors member

Well, I stopped at Best Buy yesterday and got a retina on sale. Took it home and spent 3-4 hours with it. Very nice machine. But in the end, I couldn't see that it did anything my Air couldn't except be smaller. Not enough to justify having both so I returned it this morning.

6. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

at least you know now.

7. Joe-M thread starter macrumors member

Yup, I'm really not sure what I was expecting, of course the mini is smaller....duh....

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have a laptop and an iPad. I use the laptop for work and/or content creation and the iPad for light stuff.