All iPads iPad Air ATT Issues

Discussion in 'iPad' started by craigfilly, Nov 11, 2013.

1. craigfilly macrumors newbie

I have an iPad Air 64gb LTE from ATT and for some reason it will not connect through ATT for internet. I went to the ATT store and the said it was a faulty sim card. They changed the sim card twice, and then told me it was a hardware problem and I needed to take it to the Apple store to get a new one. Problem is that I have a Zaggs HD screen protector on it that I paid $50.00 for, including installation from Best Buy. If they give me a new iPad, I am going to lose the screen protector. I wonder if Apple will pay for another one. Anyone have any advice or have had the same problem? TIA

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

I doubt Apple will pay anything on the screen protector. That's unfortunately one of the risks with putting one on a new device. Worth asking Apple though I guess.

I thought Zagg had a free lifetime replacement guarantee though? Doesn't help with the install, but should cover much of the cost.

3. darknyt macrumors 6502a

I use a flagship Zagg store in my area and they take care of stuff like this all the time, only charge the install fee.

Now the KIOSKS on the other hand seem to all be independently owned and all have different policies, many of which are screwjobs. I stopped going to any and just go to the flagship store, much easier.

4. nivano macrumors newbie

Had the same issue the day I bought the ipad Air. Took me all day to figure out, ended up calling AT&T and they deleted my Ipad Air profile and re-initiated the profile. Internet worked after 10 minutes on the phone.

5. craigfilly thread starter macrumors newbie

OP Update...

Went to Apple Store and they tried everything, but nothing worked. Gave me a new ipad air, still didnt work. They told me it was an ATT problem, so I went over there. They found something in the account that was put in wrong, changed it in the system, everything is fine now. Went back to Apple to let them know ATT fixed it, and the guy gave me a $50 Apple gift card because of the lost screen protector. When I left there I went to Best Buy with my receipt and screen protector that I removed from my first air. They gave me a new one, and even installed it. Kudos to Apple and Best Buy.