iPad Ipad Air available for pickup, but not Smart Cover??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by caesarp, Nov 1, 2013.

1. caesarp macrumors 6502a

So when I woke up my normal time (6:30 AM east coast) I went online and ordered a 32 GB white/silver iPad air (wifi only) for personal pickup at a store near my office.

I also ordered a smart cover. It said both items were available TODAY and I would receive an email when they are ready.

An hour later I get the email. The iPad is ready, but for the smart cover (blue) it says: "ships to store. available". "Preparing for shipment".

WTF does that mean?

Is it there or isn't it? If its shipping to the store, why would they say it was available today?

I can't go back to this store over the weekend, its no where near my home.

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

What do you want us to say?

Go to the store and pick up your iPad and ask them about the cover. If they have it, they will give it to you. If they don't, either cancel the order and reorder later or have it redirected to your home or work address.

Kind of obvious no?

3. caesarp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well its a little disappointing of Apple's process where when you go online to order it says something is available TODAY for pickup today, but then when you get the confirming email it says, well , uhh, maybe it is, maybe it isn't and gives a confusing message as to the status. Not good customer service.

And I certainly don't want to go to the store twice. That's the whole point of reserving. Get there, get what you want and get out.

Also, what exactly does this mean: "Preparing for shipment". "ships to store. available".

Again, if it was in the store (as I was originally informed) why would it say "preparing for shipment"?