iPad iPad Air Backlight Bleeding

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NeoiPad, Nov 21, 2013.

1. NeoiPad macrumors member

This is my second iPad Air. The first one had the Yellow to blue/pink display issue. I'm going to an Apple Store tomorrow, but I'm tired of going there to change their products

They say that they sell us perfection, but they don't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bk_sxdUdJY

2. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

I'm not a flamethrower but I really don't understand why backlight bleeding would ever be an issue in regular use of an iPad. I've done the backlight bleed test on previous iPads and found the "issue" and then promptly forgot about it because it never was an issue in any application that I actually used. Apple never said they sell perfection. There is no such thing. I wish everyone would stop trying to find problems that aren't significant and just enjoy the iPad.
    Btw, not a fan-gal (my phone is an android).

3. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Very annoying if you watch tv/movies on it.

4. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

YOU NEED TO STAY OUT OF DARK CLOSETS!

Apple in no way says it's products are perfect. Nothing is perfect.

From what I can see in your poor video, your device is quite normal.

Sorry but your thinking will never allow you to enjoy your device and other things in life.

You need to relax and try to enjoy your new Air.

5. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

I had it on my iPad 2 it wasn't just a little bit though it was bad it covered most of the black bars top and bottom when watching video. I watch a lot lf TV shows/Movies on my iPad at night so swapped it out and the replacement was fine.

Got my Air and it has no display issues :)

6. NeoiPad thread starter macrumors member

Viewing YouTube videos at night is very annoying

7. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

It's not an issue in any way shape or form. All LCD displays exhibit this to varying degrees. It's not a defect, it's not a problem, it's not a quality control issue.

The people crying about it are just looking for problems for the sake of finding problems. It can only be seen when you crank up the brightness and look at a black screen--which you will never do during actual use. Could it potentially be seen in the black space around a video? Maybe, if the brightness is high. Does it actually pose a problem? No. The video that is being played back will look perfect.

Every time I see the threads about these "Issues" I think of the scene from the movie Clerks, where the crazy guy comes in and tries to find the perfect dozen eggs.

8. dantay macrumors regular

dantay

Backlight bleed is an extremely common issue on edge-lit lcd screens, however if you are willing to put in the effort with exchanges you can get ones that do not have it. I exchanged multiple 27" iMacs, iPads, Nexus devices etc and have always managed to get screens with no bleed.

9. robpercival macrumors newbie

New Ipad Air - Strange Light

Just got my new iPad Air and is in perfect condition apart from 1 small defect (see pic) is this normal or another warrenty job??? Cheers

[​IMG]

http://i57.tinypic.com/2wgw011.jpg

10. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You could return it for this tiny defect and chance having something else go wrong or you could relax and try to ignore it.