iPad iPad Air battery drains ridiculously fast

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hellozero, Nov 26, 2013.

1. hellozero macrumors newbie

Dec 28, 2010

I have disabled all location service , disabled background APP refresh, disable airdrop. Disabled icloud. Turned off find my iPad, turned off bluetooth.

And the battery still dies as minute goes by.

I locked the screen (standby mode) and even with that, the battery drops 1% every 3 minutes.

This is a lot worse than my iPad 2. They have pretty much the same content (copied from iPAD 2 except that I opt not to upgrade to ios 7 on iPAD2).

If I leave both iPads fully charged but unconnected to the charger, air will die over night, while iPad 2 will still have over 90% battery left.

Is there anyway I can test whether I get a defect battery with the air?

2. Akack macrumors 6502a

Mar 5, 2011
    Take in to Apple and get it replaced, doesn't sound normal and you have a defective battery.

My ipad air gets between 12-15 hours of usage depending on how much video I play.
  3. doboy macrumors 68000

Jul 6, 2007
    Backup and restore as new and see if it still has the problem. If not, probably issues with your backup.
  4. ScottW1 macrumors regular

Aug 27, 2010
    Go to "Settings, General, Reset, Reset All Settings" and perform the reset.

If that doesn't eliminate the problem, connect to iTunes and "Restore" the iPad -- then set it up as New (do not restore your backup).

If the problem still exists, then it is likely a hardware problem -- setup a genius bar appointment and take it in for Apple to inspect/replace.
  5. j.benj macrumors member

Jun 13, 2012
    Very abnormal. I'm getting 15+ hours of battery life on mine. I would definitely take it to Apple.
  6. ZipZap macrumors 603

Dec 14, 2007
    Right now my battery is:

Usage 11 hours 57 minutes
    Standby 14 days, 1 hour

I am at 25% left

So I'd say your unit is defective
  7. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

Apr 21, 2013
    My battery drains a lot faster when my brightness is at 100%, but I usually keep it at 20-40% and I get over 10 hours all of the time. How bright do you keep your screen?