iPad iPad Air battery life on iOS 7.1 abysmal

KhunJay

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
How did you install the update? OTA? If so, I would try a full restore to iOS 7.1 via iTunes and see if that fixes it.
I connected to itunes and it updated from there...did not erase and do a fresh install and backup....is that what you're suggesting?

I turned off bluetooth immediately after update...infact I keep wifi off when not in use....only use it for reading and internet browsing...no video, music or gaming.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
I connected to itunes and it updated from there...did not erase and do a fresh install and backup....is that what you're suggesting?

I turned off bluetooth immediately after update...infact I keep wifi off when not in use....only use it for reading and internet browsing...no video, music or gaming.
I was referring to backing up your phone to iTunes and then do a restore of the phone to iOS 7.1 and then load your backup. That's how a lot of people end up updating their phones when they experience issues from a OTA update.

KhunJay

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
I was referring to backing up your phone to iTunes and then do a restore of the phone to iOS 7.1 and then load your backup. That's how a lot of people end up updating their phones when they experience issues from a OTA update.
Uh ok....but I did not do an OTA update in the first place...I connected to iTunes. And this is to do with my iPad not iPhone.

Would you suggest I do the same thing as you outlined....backup and restore?

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
Uh ok....but I did not do an OTA update in the first place...I connected to iTunes. And this is to do with my iPad not iPhone.

Would you suggest I do the same thing as you outlined....backup and restore?

My bad, sorry. I still would recommend doing a full restore to iOS 7.1 after you back up. Try that and hopefully that will fix your battery drain issue.

iosuser

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2012
It seems battery life improved with 7.1 on all my i devices - iPhone 5s, my Air, and 3 rMinis wife's and kids'.

This is from my Air. Just OTA 7.1 update.

Attachments

Yahooligan

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2011
Illinois
It seems battery life improved with 7.1 on all my i devices - iPhone 5s, my Air, and 3 rMinis wife's and kids'.

This is from my Air. Just OTA 7.1 update.
Same with mine. WiFi, Bluetooth and LTE data on. When I got down to 8% I had 4 days 7 hours standby and 1 day 11 hours usage. This is much better than 7.0 was for me.