iPad iPad Air battery life on iOS 7.1 abysmal

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KhunJay, Mar 15, 2014.

1. KhunJay macrumors regular

KhunJay

2. cababah macrumors 68000

How did you install the update? OTA? If so, I would try a full restore to iOS 7.1 via iTunes and see if that fixes it.

3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

When you install the update it may have enabled Bluetooth. Disable this and see how it runs.

4. luckylisp macrumors 6502

Ah thanks for this! My battery was draining much quicker too and I see now Bluetooth was indeed on.

5. KhunJay thread starter macrumors regular

KhunJay

I connected to itunes and it updated from there...did not erase and do a fresh install and backup....is that what you're suggesting?

I turned off bluetooth immediately after update...infact I keep wifi off when not in use....only use it for reading and internet browsing...no video, music or gaming.

6. cababah macrumors 68000

I was referring to backing up your phone to iTunes and then do a restore of the phone to iOS 7.1 and then load your backup. That's how a lot of people end up updating their phones when they experience issues from a OTA update.

7. KhunJay thread starter macrumors regular

KhunJay

Uh ok....but I did not do an OTA update in the first place...I connected to iTunes. And this is to do with my iPad not iPhone.

Would you suggest I do the same thing as you outlined....backup and restore?

8. cababah macrumors 68000

My bad, sorry. I still would recommend doing a full restore to iOS 7.1 after you back up. Try that and hopefully that will fix your battery drain issue.

9. iosuser macrumors 6502a

It seems battery life improved with 7.1 on all my i devices - iPhone 5s, my Air, and 3 rMinis wife's and kids'.

This is from my Air. Just OTA 7.1 update.

Attached Files:

10. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

Same with mine. WiFi, Bluetooth and LTE data on. When I got down to 8% I had 4 days 7 hours standby and 1 day 11 hours usage. This is much better than 7.0 was for me.