iPad iPad Air battery

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Shawnxie920, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Shawnxie920, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014

Shawnxie920 macrumors newbie

Hello I have noticed somehow my iPad Air battery is somewhat short. Can someone confirm this.

After 6 hours 27min usage and 8hr and 59 min standby, I have 35% battery left.

I have 50% brightness and used it mostly for browsing

And my ipad is updated to the latest IOS.

Also, my speaker of this iPad Air seems hurt my ears when playing music and video with high pitch sounds at high volume.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

With 6 hours and 27 minutes of usage, I'd say 35% battery remaining is pretty good.

3. Shawnxie920 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah it might. But my battery life seems to be just on the edge of what Apple's claim of 10 hrs. Though I have noticed that many else ppl in this forum have a much longer lasting iPad Air battery

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

Never go by what other forum members say. What if I told you I can easily get 48 hours usage on my Air and about 8 days in standby? It's the truth btw. But what if I didn't tell you most of that was streaming iRadio or Tunein or iHeart Radio and syncing my Mail app with the screen off.

People can make all the claims they want but screen brightness, usage, apps in the background, screen on/off all make a difference. So your mileage will vary.

5. Mechayoshi macrumors regular

Mechayoshi

Your screen brightness, along with whatever apps you are running might be affecting that.

6. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

After 7 hours and 45 minutes of usage, and 10 and a half hours of standby, my iPad mini with Retina just died. That's only an extra hour and a half of usage and 35% extra was used... So yeah. All I did on my iPad was watch some YouTube and some Amazon Prime Instant Video and go on the Internet...

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Everyone's battery use will be different. The 10 hour figure is just to be used as a guide. Your battery life will vary depending on what you are doing.

It is just common sense. :p

8. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

Yes, it says 10 hours of web browsing. But, standby would drain the battery a bit. If you powered off, as in shut down, the iPad when you finish using it, you'd get better results.