Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
I prefer the Adonit Jot Pro. I have 3 of them and use them for drawing and taking notes and the occasional autograph from a celebrity I might work with.

quamsi

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2013
Attached is a sample I made for an amazon review for the go-smart 300 stylus. Written in a breeze on my iPad Air using the note shelf app. Love this stylus.

2ds0h85.jpg

Edited to add that, yes, it's messy but it's actually my exact normal handwriting.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Attached is a sample I made for an amazon review for the go-smart 300 stylus. Written in a breeze on my iPad Air using the note shelf app. Love this stylus.

Edited to add that, yes, it's messy but it's actually my exact normal handwriting.

Where can we find your review?

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ

Is there any palm rejection there? I've tried writing like that on my iPad but I can't get my handwriting that nice without resting my palm on the screen -- after which I get the blotches at the bottom where my palm was resting.

You have nice penmanship for an iPad w/capacitive stylus! :)

quamsi

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2013
Is there any palm rejection there? I've tried writing like that on my iPad but I can't get my handwriting that nice without resting my palm on the screen -- after which I get the blotches at the bottom where my palm was resting.

You have nice penmanship for an iPad w/capacitive stylus! :)

Yes, there is palm rejection with the Noteshelf app. To write like that I used the zoombox function plus palm rejection. A little tweaking with the size of the zoom box, the style of pen (used the fountain pen tip), the thickness of the line (used a 1 or 2). This gave me the results I liked best. I tried many other apps (evernote, goodnotes, notability, etc) and while goodnotes and notability were close contenders (they also have palm rejection in the zoombox), I was able to get my handwriting neater with Noteshelf. For those who are interested Noteshelf has a limited free app version to try out. Make sure you drag the zoombox up to give your hand more area to rest on.

----------

Where can we find your review?

My review was very brief (csiple2 on amazon) but you can read many positive reviews of the GoSmart stylus here (the attachment for my handwriting sample never got published, for some reason):

Amazon Go-Smart stylus reviews

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2012
I prefer the Adonit Jot Pro. I have 3 of them and use them for drawing and taking notes and the occasional autograph from a celebrity I might work with.[t. /QUOTE]

Is that on an iPad Air? With screen protector? I'm mainly concerned with precision and lack of offset right now. I'm not concerned with pressure and palm rejection yet.

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
I settled on the Jot Pro rather than the Jot Touch 4. The Jot Touch is a great stylus...but not worth $40 more. The added palm rejection and the buttons are great, but for simple note taking...not worth it. The Jot Pro does great on both Penultimate and Goodnotes 4. The magnets that hold the Pro to the iPad are a nice bonus as well. There's not much lag to speak of...but I'm using a tempered glass protector (Bodyguardz Pure), not a Zagg or something similar. The disc glides well. I also like the grip on the Pro better...the grip on the Touch is a bit "sharp" where the rubber meets the tip. More smooth on the Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.