iPad iPad Air - Black Screen On Opening Smart Cover

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AbSoluTc, Nov 13, 2013.

1. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Not sure if this is normal or not but was curious what it might be. When I open my smart cover on my iPad Air, the wallpaper is black for a second and then switches back to the wallpaper it should be. Is this normal? Does not happen if I leave the cover off and use the power/home button. Just seems weird to me.

Any info on this?

2. ovation802 macrumors member

It's funny - I noticed mine doing that too. I thought perhaps this was normal since I do not have a password on this iPad (yet) but always had one on my iPad 4 due to work email security.

3. Vctr macrumors regular

Is your lockscreen wallpaper different from your homescreen wallpaper? On my iPhone, my lockscreen and homescreen wallpapers are different and when I slide to unlock my phone, the wallpaper switches to black for a split second and transitions to the homescreen wallpaper. Maybe this is the same thing you are experiencing with the iPad?

4. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Yes it's different. I never noticed it on my phone but my phone does it but it's not nearly as noticeable. It's move of a transition. The iPad is very noticeable and the wallpaper is just gone. Not sure why it does that and if it's normal or not.

5. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Happens on mine too, Watched a couple of iPad Air videos on YouTube and noticed they done the same, iOS 7 problem I'd say.

6. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Ah good to know. Doesn't bother me at all just noticed it. Maybe it will be fixed later on. :D