iPad iPad Air Boot loop iOS 11.3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mattiemaa, Apr 30, 2018.

1. mattiemaa macrumors newbie

mattiemaa

Hi guys just looking for help on a iPad Air that suddenly crashed on my Granddad.
    Bit of background, the tablet has been treated very well and is basically in near perfect condition, never been dropped and always had a case on it.
    So apparently my granddad was surfing the web on safari and suddenly, black screen. When he tried to power the device back on the apple logo shows but switches itself off, and then back on again (never booting into ios)
    I have been out of the apple scene for a long time, sold my iPhones and iMac's and i'm wondering if im doing something wrong to try and restore the device.

What i've done;
    • Tried resetting the device (Holding power and home button) nothing, still boot loops.
    • Tried connecting it into my PC and using iTunes to restore it. The restore process gets stuck on "verifying iPad restore" (left the process running for 8 hours)
    • Tried connecting it to an iMac and using iTunes to restore the iPad, same thing "verifying iPad restore" (left the process running for 8 hours)
    • Tried putting the iPad into DFU mode, and restoring on both Windows and Mac still get stuck on "verifying iPad restore"
    • Tried different lightning cables
    • Tried downloading the latest firmware and using the shift tactic on both update and restore to select a firmware "verifying iPad restore"
    • Both PC and Mac are both up to date with the latest version of iTunes running on both of them.
    If anyone has any ideas they would be more than welcome

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You could take it to Apple and have them test it but being out of warranty and not being able to get it into DFU is not good. Not much else you can do, just bad luck.