iPad Air cannot connect to wifi?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by It'sMyPrecious, Jan 4, 2014.

1. It'sMyPrecious macrumors regular

We are in a hotel which provides free wifi. The hotel gave us their wifi password. My friend has an ipad 2 with ios7 and when he tried connecting to the wifi network, he was prompted for just a password. He put in the password and it worked. I have an ipad air and when I try connecting to the same network, I am prompted for a username AND password. I don't know what's the username (??? what is that? my friend doesnt need to enter a username) so I left it blank. And i put in the password. Then I get an error that I am unable to connect to the network.

Can someone help?

2. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Could be several things.

First off, are you sure you are on the same network?

Secondly, without knowing how their wifi is configured, it is possible they are set to issue one password per room. I've never run into that but it is a possibility.

Short of that, go back down to the front desk and ask.

3. pavlinka616 macrumors newbie

Apple is a piece of ****

I literally just can not believe that this piece of **** called ipad 4 which i payed like 600$ for will not conect to wifi ! What the **** is this ??! I am never buying ever in my life such piece of **** the worst mistake of my life , everyone told me to not buy this crap but i wasnt listening but now i now ! **** apple it must die as soon as possible. Im seeling this crap to some other loser whos an idiot like i used to be and buys this ****ing useless **** from me ! Good luck mother ****er. Im done with apple

4. Big Ron macrumors 6502

Big Ron

Do you think it's funny to post a reply like you have pavlinka616, with all the astericks and expect a response?

You are not adding anything to the thread.:mad:
    The thread starter It'sMyPrecious has a serious question - keep your rants in your head.

5. graley macrumors regular

Ipad air not connect to wifi

To say something positive, I have had same problem with two devices trying to connect to same wifi network close together. Either turn off one, or move one away from the other. Even a corner of that hotel room.

6. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

It isn't likely these two guys are still in the same hotel room..the thread died on Jan 4 until Beavis and Butthead dragged it up for his rant