All iPads iPad Air Cases&Covers list

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by engagemawu, Oct 22, 2013.

1. engagemawu macrumors newbie

There will be tons of iPad air cases come soon,and just share your favorite ones and enjoy!

2. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Does anyone have experience with just a Smart Cover? I want to use it as I like the minimalist style, just worried about not covering the back. Thanks

3. Seniordan macrumors regular

I used just a smart cover on my iPad mini, and I never got any scratches on the back.

4. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Thanks. Do u take your iPad out regularly? I take mine to work daily.

5. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

then get a cover, a smart cover is fine around the house, even then it's flimsy and doesn't protect the back if dropped

6. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

But i take it out of my house very often.

7. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

again, I say get a proper case, but it's up to your how minimal you want to be

8. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Thanks

9. Seniordan macrumors regular

Yeah, I would take mine to school and I wasn't that careful with it. It would rest on my desk at home/desks at school. I personally found that it was really resistant to scratches.

All I'll be getting for my iPad air is a Smart Cover.

10. orleanfyrfightr macrumors member

I will be getting the leather one from Cyber Acoustics

http://www.cyberacoustics.com/store/Products/iPad--Tablet-Accessories/IC-1930

I had this one for my ipad 2, and it has survived falls and held up pretty well. Bought it because it was all I could find when I bought my ipad, but I never found anything I liked more. I really like the way it snaps into the rubber bumper corners and that keeps the corners from getting dinged.

11. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502

I used Apple's leather cover (bought for a steal on eBay) and Devicewear's Union shell to protect the back. I loved this combo, and I LOVED the Union, it's very smooth around the edges and includes a magnet to hold the cover in place when you fold the cover back. Speck had one similar but the plastic edges were sharp and jagged, making it uncomfortable to hold. I emailed Devicewear to see if I could get any lead on when they might release an iPad Air version of the Union.

I also have a keyboard cover by LUVVITT, God only knows what to do with this now if I can't use it with the iPad Air.

12. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

please let us know if they get back to you one the Devicewear's Union shell fpr ipad air.

13. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502

I'll report back here if I get an email response. I might wind up waiting for them to release one BEFORE getting the iPad Air.

14. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

i took my iPad 4 everywhere even shopping to compare prices so i always had a case that covered the screen. Mine was totally mint when i sold it. Always pays to get a decent case

15. leenak macrumors 68020

I'll be looking for something that is leather-free with back and front protection. I have a Fieldfolio which I use for my iPad 2 but looks like they stopped selling those a long time ago.

16. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502

Devicewear's response to my inquiry:

No word on what their ETA would be on new Union shells either. Bummer.

17. leenak macrumors 68020

18. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

Zagg folio case

I have already ordered this for the iPad Air I will be buying
    http://www.zagg.com/ipad-air-folio/8513

I already have the same case for my iPad Mini and I love it the hinge for angling the iPad is great and I was so happy to see they have made the identical one for the new Air version.

It won't be shipped though till probably Halloween

19. leenak macrumors 68020

My contractor came over yesterday and I noticed his iPad case, it is probably one of the nicest keyboard cases I've seen. I asked him about it and he said it is a Belkin, they do have one in Air version. I may need this!
    http://www.belkin.com/us/F5L151-Belkin/p/P-F5L151/

20. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

21. tmolloy macrumors newbie

SwitchEasy Canvas

I just got word that SwitchEasy is going to offer next week their CoverBuddy, Pelle, CARA and CANVAS cases for the new iPad Air (Old Ipad). I used a SwitchEasy Canvas case for my ipad mini. I loved it because:
    1. It had a plastic shell that surrounded the back and sides of the ipad, but it ended flush with the surface
    2. It offered a really stable stand with multiple viewing angles, a big plus over the official smartcover
    3. wake and sleep cover function
    4. Port plugs/covers!! To help keep the ports clean

The only problem was that it was REALLY heavy. It probably doubled the weight of my ipad Mini. Anyone know of any other case that is similar but isn't so heavy?

22. leenak macrumors 68020

Well I think the issue is if you are doing such a cover, it is going to weigh a little much. I'd also look at the Belkin FormFit or the Speck StyleFolio, they both weight less than the SwitchEasy.

23. phoneguru9 macrumors newbie

24. tmolloy macrumors newbie

I think you're right. I may try the Speck StyleFolio. It has a 30 day guarantee, so I can just try it out. I really want port protectors though. I read somewhere that one of the most common things to go wrong on iOS devices are the ports not working due to dirt/grim build up.

25. AJB1971 macrumors member

Last time I used one of Apple’s leather Smart Covers - bought off eBay for far less than Apple sell them for - together with a Tech 21 Impact Base Case for the back.

I liked the Impact Base Case because it offered good protection and coverage. It was also flexible and would accommodate the iPad with a skin on the back, for when I wanted to go caseless. The downside was that it’s a bit thicker and heavier than the snap on covers.

Inevitably, I’ll probably end up buying a leather Smart Case, although I can’t justify paying the cost Apple’s charging for them. I could nearly upgrade from 64GB to 128GB for that price. I’m sure in a few weeks genuine Apple cases will be available on eBay for a lot less.

In the meantime I’ve decided to purchase this -
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cover-Gener...=UTF8&qid=1382998129&sr=8-41&keywords=pipetto

I like the look of the back, not too sure about the front, and I prefer a case with better coverage, but the price is good. If it’s a flexible material I may also be able to fit a skin on the back of my iPad. Apple’s Smart Case looks a tight fit for accommodating a skin and being able to regularly remove it from the case.

Anyway, it’s not due for release until the 20th so if anything better comes along I can always cancel the order.