Ipad air charging ??

lugworm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
UK
can I ask how often everyone charges their ipad air ? Since I suffered a prolapsed disc last July I have found sitting at my iMac for any length of time very uncomfortable, so I'm using my ipad air rather a lot, and for quite a few hours a day. Just basic surfing and movies etc.
I'm also charging it rather a lot, usually each day when the battery gets below about 15%.
Will this constant use and recharging do it any harm in the long term ?

Thanks for any help.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Your battery will degrade over time but it should be able to withstand well over a thousand charge cycles before it gets notability worse.

Another thing you could do especially your viewing films or gaming is to leave it plugged in. Personally I use the cable below pluged into the iPad charger and although a little stiff it was just the ticket for what I wanted because I sit in my living room were the power socket is about 5ft away. I only use it while the air 2 is charging and unplug it half an hour or so after it hits 100%

It is hard to judge how long a charge lasts because of the way iOS calculates battery use but I get around 10 hours or so from a full charge, that is screen on time and not what the battery stats say by the way.

Attachments

lugworm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
UK
Thanks. I've always unplugged it when it hits 100%.

Is it ok to keep using it plugged in at 100% ?

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Thanks. I've always unplugged it when it hits 100%.

Is it ok to keep using it plugged in at 100% ?
Yeah it won't cause any problems, it stops charging when it is full(not when at 100%) and will top up the charge when needed.