Ipad air charging ??

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lugworm, Jun 24, 2015.

1. lugworm macrumors 6502

lugworm

can I ask how often everyone charges their ipad air ? Since I suffered a prolapsed disc last July I have found sitting at my iMac for any length of time very uncomfortable, so I'm using my ipad air rather a lot, and for quite a few hours a day. Just basic surfing and movies etc.
    I'm also charging it rather a lot, usually each day when the battery gets below about 15%.
    Will this constant use and recharging do it any harm in the long term ?

Thanks for any help.

2. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Your battery will degrade over time but it should be able to withstand well over a thousand charge cycles before it gets notability worse.

Another thing you could do especially your viewing films or gaming is to leave it plugged in. Personally I use the cable below pluged into the iPad charger and although a little stiff it was just the ticket for what I wanted because I sit in my living room were the power socket is about 5ft away. I only use it while the air 2 is charging and unplug it half an hour or so after it hits 100%

It is hard to judge how long a charge lasts because of the way iOS calculates battery use but I get around 10 hours or so from a full charge, that is screen on time and not what the battery stats say by the way.

Attached Files:

3. lugworm thread starter macrumors 6502

lugworm

Thanks. I've always unplugged it when it hits 100%.

Is it ok to keep using it plugged in at 100% ?

4. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Yeah it won't cause any problems, it stops charging when it is full(not when at 100%) and will top up the charge when needed.

5. lugworm thread starter macrumors 6502

lugworm

Cheers!